Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thwarted Plans

Just when I was getting excited about swimming, the pool adopted summer hours, which means it closes at 3 p.m. and you are required to use the outdoor pool if you wish to swim. The catch? The outdoor pools costs $3 a pop, so needless to say, I will not be going there. Robyn and I are probably going to go on our off Fridays, but we would have liked to have made this a little more regular. Oh well.

I still haven't run, and although I want to, I just feel so heavy and cumbersome. I realize that I won't lose weight unless I run (or do some other form of exercise) but I feel too heavy for that exercise. I've been doing Weight Watchers for a week and although I lost two pounds at the beginning of the week, I seemed to have gained it back (but it is "lady time", so who knows?).

I'd like to think I'll run today, but I probably won't. I'm still trying to move my stuff and fit everything into the house, so I don' t have a ton of free time.

I wish there was some miracle weight loss pill that was in a combo pack with a running motivation pill. I know that if I just run a couple of days I'll keep making time for it, but I just can't seem to make the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I've been sort of doing weight watchers, too, and I run so I can eat. :-) Seriously, though, if I didn't run, I would be limited to 18 points a day which is NOT a lot of food. So my motivation for running is a can of coke or some bbq chips or whatever else I'm craving. :-)
Hope you find your motivation soon! When I'm in the county we should do a training run for the MCM...

Anonymous said...

You can swim for free at the outdoor pool if you tell them you are there for fitness swim.