Thursday, May 24, 2007

Little Swimmer

In an effort to start getting back into my fitness routine, my friend Robyn has coaxed me into swimming with her once a week. We did pretty well, though she totally schooled me (after saying she wasn't a strong swimmer). I'm going to buy a nose plug because my biggest problem with swimming has always been that I can't get a good rhythm for my breathing. I think the nose plug will help me, not because I breathe through my nose underwater, but because I seem to splash myself when I'm trying to breathe out of my mouth.

So no, I haven't run at all yet, but I am starting to get back into my fitness routine so that the start into running is a little less painful. I'm also doing Weight Watchers again to get some of this extra "lazy weight" off of me, and I already feel better about myself and my eating habits.

Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

I'm a *horrid* swimmer; you'll have to let me know if the noseplug helps. I think I hold my breath when I'm swimming because I'm petrified of breathing in water, so I'm *exhausted* after two laps. :-) Yay for feeling better about yourself!!