Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back to the Grind

Last night’s run did not go very well. Calling a run is an overstatement. I jogged at 6 mph for about 3 ½ minutes before feeling like I was going to die. I had all sort of side stitch pains and it was really hot in the workout room. I have been plagued with allergies and sinus issues this week, but I was thinking I’d follow the “no excuses plan” and go anyway. I left after 15 minutes because I had to tinkle so badly I thought I would die, but it was really disheartening. I was starting on week 4 of the Couch to 5k plan, and I’m wondering if I should just start it all over again. Yet, I don’t know that its necessary to start with 60 seconds on 90 seconds off, because even I am stronger than that right now. I feel like I’m dying/hyperventilating though, so maybe I should go back even further. This is just more proof on why you shouldn’t stop running in the first place because it is always harder when you get back into it.

I signed up for the Army 10 Miler in October, and my friend Lindsay was going to join me, but two hours later when she tried to sign up it was sold out, so I guess I’ll be running solo…with 25,999 other people.

I need to get this weight off, I need to keep it off, and I need to match my healthier eating with a healthier physical lifestyle as well.

No comments: